XplodingHead

Stoneball Map Generator startup bug

Stoneball Map Generator startup bug

Postby DCB on 22 11 2011 11:59

When I start the Stoneball Map Generator (smg.py), I get the following error message from the Python console.
System: Windows XP (Oracle VM); Python 2.7.2; Python Imaging Library 1.1.7; wxPython 2.8 (unicode)

The Map Generator looks basically like presented in the screenshots, but the window to the right with the "Constants" and "Domino" tabs looks kind of broken (not everything is displayed).
The window on the left where the map should be visible stays black.

In later tests, the message displayed was only the first few lines until and including:
SystemError: tile cannot extend outside image.
I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream
DCB
Batman

Re: Stoneball Map enerator startup bug

Postby DCB on 22 11 2011 12:22

Strange ... now it works.
There seemd to be 2 figures (edge_x & edge_y) set to 0 in the "Constants" tab. After setting them to 1 a map was generates in about 2 seconds.

I'll monitor this, but basically the bug seems to be gone or my mistake.
I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream
DCB
Batman

Re: Stoneball Map enerator startup bug

Postby DCB on 22 11 2011 13:27

Ok, there are still some issues.

- The frames where I can hover my mouse over to see stuff like groundwater and temperature are empty.
- The map is generated, but the log box stops at "clearing up map". Anyhow, I can still see stuff like temperature if I hover my pointer over the designated frames, but I'm not sure what I see, because it works only with the 3 fields at the bottom. If I hover my mouse over the map a small red cursor appears and I see longitude & latitude (or the coordinates on the map) in the top field.
- The window with the "Constants" and "Domino" tabs still looks somewhat broken (text not displaying correctly).
I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream
DCB
Batman

Re: Stoneball Map Generator startup bug

Postby Christof on 26 11 2011 20:52

Apparently wxPython isn't as cross-platform as I have been led to believe. I'll look into it.
Christof
Chatterbox

Return to Bugs